Riddles

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Masterpiece Essay

Michael Hall
Dr. Preston
AP English Literature and Composition  
8 June 2015
Masterpiece Essay
            The idea of masterpieces is very interesting and it lead to an interesting year. Our classes were given a major amount of trust, some stayed true and others veered off the path. In the end all of us presented great masterpieces that impressed me with their level of thought and effort. As for me, I worked on my masterpiece for the majority of semester, given all I was doing was telling riddles to my friends in the back of the class, but that was my masterpiece after all.
            This year’s literary works varied greatly, Brave New World was a great and interesting science fiction novel that showed a dystopian world. It was a great representation of how our world could be and what needs to happen to prevent that. Hamlet was more of the traditional Shakespearean work that all students have come to know, but compared to Macbeth it was a much more entertaining play to read. Mainly because our class studied Hamlet with great depth that created a better connection with the work and characters.
            A passion that I had was riddle telling, in years past I enjoyed telling my friend ridiculous riddles to my friends. It wasn’t until two other class mates tried to solve a riddle off of my blog that I rekindled that flame. From that point on I told about 30 plus riddles to my group of friends and from that I picked five to share to the class. I still enjoy riddles but do not have any plans to do anything more than have fun from time to time telling riddles.
            I laughed a lot during the course, one instance was Elmo and Miles masterpiece presentation, the second video that they made had a lot of subtle jokes that me and my group of friends found to be some of the greatest parts. One was the use of Skyrim and GTA (video games) maps as well as the ”Half Life 3 confirmed?” reference.
            One commonality in masterpieces was peoples desire to help the world around them. Lilly showed how she is working to become a doctor and her experiences so far, Elizabeth got people to come together and donate their hair to help people suffering from cancer, Stevie went and gave gifts to sick children at the hospital, Sierra volunteered at the homeless shelter to help people, and lastly Courtney and how she helps with Special Olympics. Then there is me, just here telling riddles to my friends as they try to change the world for the better. Does that make me a hero? Most likely no but my masterpiece is something I enjoy and that my friends enjoyed with me, that is all that matters.        
              



No comments:

Post a Comment